About the Program
SOAC hosts travel soccer within the East Hudson Youth Soccer program in age groups from U8 through U19. in 2010, there are 9 boys and 9 girls travel teams. East Hudson Youth Soccer is one of the largest leagues in New York, and is the parent organization for US Youth Soccer clubs south of the Albany area.
Our USYSL trained coaches focus both on the growth of the individual player and the team, preparing the players for the competition not only in the next game, but for competitions in the years to come. Tryouts for our youth teams take place in May, with tryouts for most of our high school teams taking place in the fall.
U19 (Born 8/1/93 to 7/31/94)
U18 (Born 8/1/94 to 7/31/95)
U17 (Born 8/1/95 to 7/31/96)
U16 (Born 8/1/96 to 7/31/97)
U15 (Born 8/1/97 to 7/31/98)
U14 (Born 8/1/98 to 7/31/99)
U13 (Born 8/1/99 to 7/31/00)
U12 (Born 8/1/00 to 7/31/01)
U11 (Born 8/1/01 to 7/31/02)
U10 (Born 8/1/02 to 7/31/03)
U09 (Born 8/1/03 to 7/31/04)
U08 (Born 8/1/04 to 7/31/05)
Please go to http://www.sportssignup.com/Shrub-Oak-Athletic-Club-Online-Registration.start and register for your teams
TRAVEL TRYOUTS GENERAL GUIDELINES
- SOAC plays age-appropriate, within EHYSL age groups. The only exceptions are if there is not an age-appropriate team in the child’s group, or if a roster needs to be filled. SOAC Soccer has put policies and procedures in place to determine if a player is talented enough or mature enough to play up*.
- All Players must come to at least one tryout even if injured. Intent to play must be shown. Exceptions will be made only if notification of inability to attend is sent to the coach by the tryout date.
- Players are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to show up to all tryouts. The player is only required to show up to one.
- Being on a team the prior year does NOT guarantee a slot for the new season. All playing decisions are made by the coaching staff.
- Independent player analysis is provided to the team coaches by the SOAC staff. Decisions are made collaboratively with the evaluators and coaches.
- Parents must check in the players at the time of tryouts.
- Team lists will be posted AFTER confirmation from each player of their commitment to the team.
- Coaches are not required to carry the maximum number of players for an age group.
- At least 15 players are required to create a U12 or older team. There is a maximum of 18 until High School, where the maximum is 22 (18 at any game only). Most teams carry 18.
- At least 10 players are required for U11 and younger. Younger teams are encouraged to take 16 for U11, and 14 for U10, U9 and U8.
- All SOAC head-coaches must hold a USSF or equivalent coaching certification by the end of the first year of coaching a travel team.